Vacancy: Spatial Data Infrastructure Specialist
Does making (soil) data available to users all over the globe sound like an exciting task? Do you want to work with modern ICT infrastructures using open source and free software? Are you willing to help scientists and research staff at ISRIC with their data handling tasks? Then this could be the ideal job for you!
To strengthen our team, we are hiring a Spatial Data Infrastructure specialist. In this ambitious role you will contribute to the development of ISRIC’s Spatial Data Infrastructure and to a number of ongoing projects, such as ISRIC’s World Soil Information Service (WoSIS), SoilGrids and the Global Soil Information System GloSIS). In our team you will have the opportunity to further advance your passion for information and data management.
The most important tasks in this role are:
- Deployment of OSGeo suite into Kubernetes clusters
- Development of REST API
- Programming and server administration tasks
- Administering Linux systems
- Support and develop new ideas for improving workflows within ISRIC projects
- Support ISRICs technical cooperation with national soil information institutes and global institutions, such as FAO.
View the full position description. Application deadline has been extended until June 9, 2021.